Sunday 10 April 2011

Audience feedback of final music video

After I had finished editing my music video I uploaded it to youtube, and from youtube to facebook, so that I was able to gain audience feedback. This is possible as both facebook and youtube are web 2.0 allowing users to comments on posts. Here was the feed back I gained from facebook:
The feedback I received was mainly positive, for example ‘I like how you've used colour to show the contrast between the different time periods. And the superimposition effect of Owen disappearing = amazing.’ This was reiterated through many of the audience feedback. The feedback showed me that the themes I included in the music of the used of black and white clips to differentiate from the past and present, this is also true of the fading out shots to show that Owen was no longer alive. The emotive feelings I wanted to portray throughout the music was also picked up on in my audience feedback ‘it’s made me feel sad :'( that’s how believable it is’. The video also received 11 'likes', which’s shows the positive response the video obtained.The one piece of constrictive criticism I received was ‘maybe the only negative comment I can make is your facial expressions in relation to what you're saying when you're lip synching.’ This is a minor criticism as it relates to acting skill and not the constriction of the video itself.

 
The feedback I have received on youtube is more limited than facebook as it is such a large website with thousands of videos uploaded a day. Youtube also works by the scribers and I have no had the time to build up a fan base to view my video. The feedback I have received from Youtube has been positive with 64 views in the last 4 days it has been uploaded. It has also received 3 'likes' and one comment saying ‘very good :)’.

Overall, I am happy with the feedback and ‘likes’ my music video has received. It shows a positive reaction for a wide target audience through the two websites. This is important as the primary goal of a music video is to entice the audience and engage with them to purchase the single. 

No comments:

Post a Comment