Sunday 10 April 2011

DIgipack plan


Front cover and spine:

For the front cover I have decided to go with a picture of the artist (typical convention) sitting on some grass holding a yellow Daffodil, with her guitar lying on her legs (instrument also convention).  The picture will be in black and white apart from the yellow Daffodil. I have decided to do this because by only having the flower in colour it draws the attention of the possible target audience. I wanted a shot using a flower as this gives the connotations ‘Daffodil symbolizes regard and chivalry. It is indicative of rebirth, new beginnings and eternal life. It also symbolizes unrequited love. A single daffodil foretells a misfortune while a bunch of daffodils indicate joy and happiness.’  http://www.theflowerexpert.com/content/aboutflowers/flower-meanings Giving these connotations I felt that using a Daffodil fits well in representing my chosen song and video as it is about love and losing someone. The artists name and the name of the album are in the top left corner. I have placed them here because this is how people read from top to bottom and from left to right. The writing style is going to be curvy to give the impression it is a women’s handwriting. I want this effect as i want the target audience to feel that the artist has wrote it herself so that it makes it easier for them to relate to her.  The writing will be in black and white to stand out from the background.  In the bottom right corner I am going to have smaller writing in capital letter in plain writing reading debut album and then names songs from the album. I have added this as it gives the target audience information about the album, making them more likely to purchase it.  For the spine I will have the name of the artist and the name of the album written in the same writing as on the front cover on a black background. 
Back cover:
For the back over I am going to use a still image from my music video of a close up shot of the couple holding hands. The shot is in black and white which will continue the theme from the front cover. The titles of the songs will be positioned in a heart shape over the couple’s hands. I have decided to do this to represent the theme of love and so that the target audience has a clear sign of what the songs in the album are about.  In the bottom right I will have a barcode to give authenticity. I will also include record labels and a phrase about cope write to also add to the authenticity.
Front inside panel and spine: 
For the front inside panel I am going to have a close up shot of the Daffodil in the picture used for the front cover. I am doing this to reiterate the connotations of the flowers to show meaning. For the spine I am going to have it plan black to separate both inside panels.
Back inside panel:
For the back inside panel I am going to have the close up shot of the Daffodil again to reinforce its importance and meaning.

No comments:

Post a Comment